Gathering all tools and ingredients
After some research, I found what is needed in making handmade watercolours. Good news is it’s the not a lot.
- Pigments – Obvious right 😊 . Ordered some pigments. There many options out there for raw pigments.
2. Glass Slab, Muller and Measuring Spoons. Required for mulling paint after mixing all ingredients. Mulling takes long time. Measuring spoons help in measuring accurate amount of ingredients
3. Clove Oil, Glycerin and Honey. Honey or Glycerin is added into Gum Arabic to make the paint smooth. Clove oil act as preservatives
4. Gum Arabic- You can find Gum Arabic already prepared by many brands. But as I am on a adventure ride. I got it in powder form and going to experiment preparing my own Gum Arabic Binder
5. Half pans or full pans to fill it with watercolour to make your palette.
6. Muslin Cloth to filter Gum Arabic.
7. Small tins or box to store your half pans.
8. Mask for protecting from pigment powders. Though pigments are non toxic it can cause irritation when dry.